Canadian Study Permits for International Students
In order to study in Canada as an international student you may need a study permit. Canadian study permits are only issued after you have been accepted at a Canadian college, university or other accredited educational institution.
Eligibility for a Canadian Study Permit
- You have been accepted by a school, college, university or other Canadian educational institution.
- You have to provide proof in the form of bank statements, receipts or certificates that you have enough money to pay for:
- Your tuition
- Living expenses for you and any accompanying family members
- Return transportation to your home country for you and any accompanying family members
- You don’t have a criminal record and are not a security risk.
- You are in good health.
- You can prove that you will leave Canada once you have completed your studies.
In some cases, you don’t need a study permit to go to school in Canada (see exceptions below), however for most international students you will be required to show proof of the above in the form of bank statements, receipts, certificates or medical examinations.
>> Apply Now!
Steps to Apply for Your Study Permit: Step 1-2-3
Want to know the study permit requirements you need to study abroad in Canada? Try our handy Step 1-2-3 tool to find out what programs are available, how much it costs and what documents are required as a citizen of your country.
More Information on Canadian Study Permits for Study Abroad in Canada
For additional information or to apply, please refer to the following pages on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website:
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information, or contact us directly. Imagine studying in Canada!